This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Every time I walk into Sephora or Ulta, I always feel like I want to buy the whole store. If only I had that much money. However, there are some products that are absolutely essential. If I were to be cast away onto an island in the middle of the sea, I would make sure my bag had these five products:

Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel eye crayon liner, $25

This is by far my favorite eyeliner. It’s darker than any other eyeliner I’ve used and it brings out your eyes and adds life to your waterline. On days where I want to wear minimal makeup, I prefer to at least have this on my waterline. Not to mention it’s waterproof for up to 12 hours and is made without parabens. I also love that it doesn’t smudge around my eyes.

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, $24

This mascara is the number one selling best selling prestige in the U.S. Whether you buy the travel size or the full size, it will last you a long time. It doesn’t dry out your eyes like other mascaras do but it adds so much volume to your lashes and will make them seem as if they’re fake! It’s perfect to wear all day or even for a couple hours! I can’t imagine using any other mascara because it constantly makes my lashes look thick with one or two strokes of a wand.

Josie Maran 100 percent Pure Argan Oil, $48

Before I put on foundation, I always put this on because it completely smooths out my whole face and leaves my skin looking radiant. Its renowned for reducing fine lines and wrinkles and keeping your skin hydrated. This oil is great for all skin types and is easy to put on.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade, $18

If you have thin eyebrows, thick eyebrows or even no eyebrows, this will literally transform them. I love this product because it’s smudge free and waterproof. I’m able to create dramatic looks or even keep it simple while still having clean and defined brows. It’s also very easy to apply and gives your eyebrows that *dramatic* effect.

Kat Von D Everlasting Lipstick Lolita, $20

This is a long wear, liquid lipstick that has a matte finish. It goes on perfectly and doesn’t dry out your lips at all. I’ve attended numerous weddings and after dinner, my lipstick is still intact. You don’t have to keep checking or fixing your lips at all. The shade “Lolita” looks good on every occasion and is a chestnut rose color. It can be worn in the daytime or at night and will pull your whole look together.

Adeenah Sayani

Cincinnati '21

University of Cincinnati
Karina Baffa

Cincinnati '19

.