5 Local Businesses to Support this Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

We are all aware by now the holidays are just around the corner. If you haven’t already started shopping for those special people in your life here is your mini holiday gift guide with all amazing local businesses.

1. For the plant mom in your life FERN Shop

FERN is a great plant and homegoods store that carries so many cute and affordable plants. Whether you are looking for a starter plant to gift someone, or a new piece for the morse seasoned pro, FERN offers a wide variety of styles and species. Located in College Hill, this local business guarantees to have the perfect plant for you. 

2. For the music snob in your life Shake It Records

I’m sure many of you know about Shake It Records in Northside and for a good reason! This local record store has every artist and album you could dream of. Along with posters, tshirts, and books as well this hidden gem is every music lover’s paradise. You can find it all from copies of Taylor Swift’s latest release to local bands you’ve yet to discover. Be sure to grab one of their free stickers you see on everyone’s laptop on your way out!

3. For the book lover in your life Roebling Point Books and Coffee 

This is a mixture of a bookstore and coffee house in Covington Kentucky, so just across the bridge. While you wait for your latte be sure to browse their extensive collection of literature available! They have all the genres your book worm friend could possibly want, along with a great selection of books that are focused on individuals or things in Cincinnati! Try not to get too caught up in browsing for yourself. 

4. For the sweet tooth in your life Grateful Grahams

Grateful Grahams is whipping up some delectable treats with the idea of reminding ourselves to be grateful for what we have and enjoy the small moments in our life. Their menu has a sweet flavor for everyone and includes vegan options as well. These make a great stocking stuffer or are perfect to give to coworkers. I highly recommend the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip bites. 

5. For the fashion icon in your life Casablanca Vintage

This vintage store in Northside is amazing. They have styles for everyone here and all the pieces are taken very well care of so you know you are getting a piece of fashion with history and quality. Not to mention that buying second hand fashion is way more sustainable than the fast fashion we often see today. This offers a unique piece of clothing for that special someone in your life that they will cherish forever. They also have a fairly decent range of sizes and the cutest accessories I’ve ever seen.

Emma Segrest

Cincinnati '22

Emma is a current Creative Writing and Journalism major at the University of Cincinnati and works as the Editorial Captain for Her Campus UC. When she is not writing she can be found reading Jane Austen or tending to her plants.