5 Halloween Themed Recipes You Need to Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Since Halloween is looking different this year, and we are all feeling that cabin fever, I think it’s time to try some Halloween-themed recipes that you can make and enjoy at home! So put some Halloween music and let’s get to it! 

Note: If you have any allergies, be sure to check the ingredients before trying out the following recipes!

1.     Ghost Cupcakes, recipe from EazyPeazyMealz

When I was looking for ghost cupcake recipes, the other ones I found used fondant for the ghost instead of icing. I’m not the biggest fan of fondant, so I decided to go with this recipe from EazyPeazyMealz, which makes these really cute ghosts out of icing!

2.     Crescent Mummy Dogs, recipe from Pillsbury

These are one of my favorite Halloween treats: a crescent roll wrapped around a hot dog that it looks like a mummy. This is so cute, and it’s really easy to make (with only five ingredients)!

3.     Halloween Pumpkin Bars, recipe from Taste of Home

The Halloween Pumpkin Bars are adorable! You can make the faces look any way that you want, and I love recipes that are customizable like that. If you don’t like candy corn, for example, you don’t have to use it! You decorate the pumpkin bars after they’ve been baked, so you can decorate them in any way that you’d like!

4.     Halloween Chocolate Covered Strawberries, recipe from Del Fresco Pure

I was looking for some sort of Frankenstein-themed recipe, and this one was the first result! I love strawberries, and chocolate and chocolate covered strawberries. Plus, in addition to the Frankenstein strawberries, there are also mummies, vampires and pumpkins. They look rather simple to make, as well!

5.     Boo Bark – Halloween Chocolate Bark, recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction

This recipe has a couple of others linked to it, but I wanted to focus on this “Boo Bark – Halloween Chocolate Bark” recipe! According to the description, “homemade chocolate bark is so easy!” I haven’t had it before, but this one is so cute that I may just have to make it! The images in the recipe use M&Ms, but you can use any candy you’d like! It’s customizable, just as the Halloween Pumpkin Bars are!

Hailey Semchee

Cincinnati '22

Hailey Semchee is a third-year English/Rhetoric and Professional Writing major at the University of Cincinnati. She loves being creative in any way possible as well as traveling, watching movies, or drinking a lot of tea. You can follow her on instagram @haileysemchee.