5 Curvy Fashion Blogs You Need to Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Most women are not a size two, well in fact, according to Women’s Wear Daily, the average dress size is a 14. The majority of women have curves, which is not at all reflected in what we see in the media. While one may admire Fendi’s latest runway collection, it can be hard to picture it on a body with hips and boobs. Fashion is about taking what we see and interpreting it into our own personal style. When we only have one body image being represented in magazines, on TV, and on the runway, it’s difficult to be inspired, and you may often be left feeling like something’s wrong with you. I assure you, nothing is wrong with you! All shapes and sizes are beautiful and it’s time we start seeing a diversity of representations in the fashion industry.

The Street Style Phenomenon as well as the rise of fashion bloggers, and Youtubers has allowed for average women to showcase their style. Below, I’ve created a list of my current favorite curvy fashion bloggers. I encourage you to scroll through their websites. And don’t be surprised when you find yourself saying “I love that! I can definitely see myself wearing this.”

1.    Rochelle from BeautiCurve

Great point of inspo if you describe your style as “edgy and well put together.”

2. Tiffany from Fat Shopaholic

I Love her urban street style vibe. 

3. Hayley from Fashion Hayley

Check her out if you’re into quirky fashion, a la Betsey Johnson.

4. Gabi from Gabi Fresh

Her street style photos are top notch, she’s a fashion risk-taker, but always looks so chic. 

5. Nicolette from Nicolette Mason

You may have seen her monthly section “Big Girl in a Skinny World” in the pages of Marie Claire. 

Niyah

Cincinnati

Niyah is a fashion deign major at the University of Cincinnati (class of 2019). She's the editor-in-chief and creator of the fashion blog InexpensiveChic.com. At 19 years old, she’s an aspiring fashion stylist. When she's not blogging, you can find her modeling, shopping, writing poetry, singing to an R&B song, watching TV on her laptop or doing yoga/pilates.
Campus Correspondent and founder of Her Campus Cincinnati. Tyasia is a 5th year Spanish & Marketing student (sadly!). Lover of all things plaid! When she's not sipping on margaritas or eating mangos, she's jet setting around the world (All time favorite place: Guatemala!) Tyasia plans to make New York City her home sweet home after graduation to pursue a International or Fashion PR career! Keep up with her on Twitter @tyjenksss