Weekly Staycation: Pi Day at the Carnegie Science Center

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

You could celebrate Pi Day by plowing through a few problem sets for class. Or you could register for the Carnegie Science Center’s evening celebration only for adults 21 and up.

Try a delicious pie made by a professional pastry chef, then stop by the cash bar to sip a cocktail while you jam to music from Anello. Of course, you’ll have plenty of time to explore all four floors of the Science Center. But once you’ve finished reliving your childhood, it’ll be time for more adult fare as you learn the basics of blackjack, craps and more from casino dealers on-site. Put your new knowledge to the test by walking over to Rivers Casino after the event: you’ll get $15 in free slot play!

If you register before noon on March 14th, admission is only $10. It goes up to $15 if you buy your ticket after noon. Click here for more information on how to buy tickets.

Mara Flanagan is entering her seventh semester as a Chapter Advisor. After founding the Chatham University Her Campus chapter in November 2011, she served as Campus Correspondent until graduation in 2015. Mara works as a freelance social media consultant in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She interned in incident command software publicity at ADASHI Systems, gamification at Evive Station, iQ Kids Radio in WQED’s Education Department, PR at Markowitz Communications, writing at WQED-FM, and marketing and product development at Bossa Nova Robotics. She loves jazz, filmmaking and circus arts.