This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

Hello Beautiful people! Destynie here with a quick review on the Ulta Matte Lip Cream. I have the color “Stirring” which is described as a “deep plum”. The product promises a “velvety smooth matte lip cream that is a fluffy, mousse-like cream texture that feels soft and light on the lips while delivering bold, intense color with a high fashion matte finish.” It is also vegan, paraben, gluten, fragrance and oil free. Let’s take a look at the wand:  

You get quite a bit of product (too much in fact) on just one sweep of the brush, giving rather opaque coverage:

Here are some photos of me wearing the lip cream practically all day versus the end of the day. Here’s it at 3PM:   

10PM:

This lip cream has amazing staying power! I did reapply once throughout the day but that was because I was eating and drinking. Even with that being said, a lot of the product still remained on my lips. I will say though, the color did begin to fade just a little on the inner parts of my lips (if that makes sense).

Pros: Creamy and rich; non-drying, Moisturizing, Long lasting, Affordable ($9)

Cons: Too much product comes out on the brush

Overall rating: 8/10 That’s all for this review!

Hello! My name is Destynie Chase. I'm a junior at Chatham University, I'm majoring in Creative Writing and English. I write reviews on makeup, skincare product and post the occasional "outfit of the day".
Indigo Baloch is the HC Chatham Campus Correspondent. She is a junior at Chatham University double majoring in Creative Writing and Journalism and double minoring Graphic Design and an Asian Studies Certificate. Indigo is a writer and Editorial Assistant at Maniac Magazine and occasionally does book reviews for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. She is also the Public Relations Director for The Mr. Roboto Project (a music venue in Pittsburgh) and creates their monthly newsletter. During her freshman and sophomore year, Indigo was the Editor-in-Chief of Chatham's student driven newsprint: Communique. Currently, on campus, Indigo is the Communications Coordinator for Minor Bird (Chatham's literary magazine), the Public Relations Director for Chatham's chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, and a Staff Writer and Columnist for Communique. She has worked as a Fashion Editorial Intern for WHIRL Magazine, and has been a featured reader at Chatham's Undergraduate Reading Series and a featured writer in Minor Bird. She loves art, music, film, theater, writing, and traveling.