Things to Make You Feel Better About Being Single on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

(All opinions expressed in this article are solely those of the author.)

Ah, Valentine’s Day. Quite frankly, I find it to be a bit of an over-hyped Hallmark holiday, but a lot of people take it really seriously. Valentine’s Day, (which is also, coincidentally enough, National Condom Day…well planned, well planned), can sometimes throw people into a serious funk. I’ve seen it happen all too many times to some of my friends. Honestly, it’s only one day out of the year, and I’m almost positive that you’re really going to enjoy Valentine’s Day someday when you find somebody you love to share it with. But, until then, here’s a little list of things that should make you feel better about yourself by putting things into perspective for “Single’s Awareness Day” (and who knows, maybe even for your life in general).

1. You are not Honey Boo Boo.

2. …Or Honey Boo Boo’s mom.

3. …Or Honey Boo Boo’s mom’s boyfriend.  (Which leads me to point out…. ladies, we can all find love. It’s possible.)

4. You are not serving a 19-year prison sentence for stealing a loaf of bread, à la Jean Valjean. (I mean maybe I’m making assumptions, but considering you were able to get on a computer or phone to read this, I can only assume…)

5. You’re still alive and kickin’.

6. The apocalypse has not occurred….Yet.

7. You could still be wearing these. 

8. Or these.

9. Dwight Schrute could have a wig for you. 

10. You could have Eunice as your lab partner.

11. Feeling bitter and angry on V-Day? Take a cue from Ron Swanson. 

12. You never wore this. Still thoroughly burned into my memory, Brit and Justin….

13. Sue Sylvester could be after you. SHE GONNA FIND YOU. 

14. The Amanda Show. Moody’s Point. Your mom could have flown away on a hot air balloon, lost for eternity. 

15. You could be getting advice from Ashley. THAT’S…NOT ME!

16. And, no matter how you’re feeling, always remember: 

Photo Credits:

Jelly Shoes: pinned from LaurenConrad.com

Slap Bracelets: pinned from LaurenConrad.com

Wigs: pinned from Tumblr

Eunice: pinned from imgfave.com

Ron Swanson: pinned from attackofthecuteness.com

Britney and Justin: Pinned from imgfave.com

Sue: Pinned from imgfave.com

Moody’s Point: Tumblr

Ask Ashley: Tumblr

Ladies: Pinned from Google.com

Mara Flanagan is entering her seventh semester as a Chapter Advisor. After founding the Chatham University Her Campus chapter in November 2011, she served as Campus Correspondent until graduation in 2015. Mara works as a freelance social media consultant in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She interned in incident command software publicity at ADASHI Systems, gamification at Evive Station, iQ Kids Radio in WQED’s Education Department, PR at Markowitz Communications, writing at WQED-FM, and marketing and product development at Bossa Nova Robotics. She loves jazz, filmmaking and circus arts.