Singles vs. Couples Challenge: Bikram Yoga

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

On February 6, 2013, we introduced you to the Singles vs. Couples Challenge from DateMySchooland GymPact. Through February 14, we’ll be featuring exciting winter workout ideas for Pittsburgh students.

Bikram Yoga

On Chatham’s campus, free yoga classes are always packed. Want to put a twist on your routine? Try Bikram Yoga: 90 minutes in a 105°F room is sure to help you shake off the snowflakes.

Where to Go:

Bikram Yoga Pittsburgh

3418 Penn Avenue

Pittsburgh, PA 15201

Tuition:

Get a single lesson for $16, or try their Intro Special: 14 consecutive days for only $20.

Students get an extra 10% off any package not on Auto-Pay.

What You’ll Need:

A beach towel and a mat. The rental is built into your first day package with the Intro Special.

For more suggestions, visit their What to Bring page. 

For Singles:

Don’t be afraid to go alone: Bikram Yoga is a great way to get centered for a busy week. You might even discover a new passion!

If you love it, be sure to mention it on your DateMySchool profile. Because DateMySchool lets students connect based on their location and interests, you might just find a local cutie looking for a yoga buddy.

For Couples:

Make Bikram Yoga a daily date: once you’re used to the rhythm, try either a 30 or 60-day challenge (enthusiasts love ‘em). You’ll have an awesome way to connect during a crazy semester without the pressure of constant conversation. 

Mara Flanagan is entering her seventh semester as a Chapter Advisor. After founding the Chatham University Her Campus chapter in November 2011, she served as Campus Correspondent until graduation in 2015. Mara works as a freelance social media consultant in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She interned in incident command software publicity at ADASHI Systems, gamification at Evive Station, iQ Kids Radio in WQED’s Education Department, PR at Markowitz Communications, writing at WQED-FM, and marketing and product development at Bossa Nova Robotics. She loves jazz, filmmaking and circus arts.