Sandy Sovann

Sandy Sovann

Year: 2014

Hometown and Your Favorite Thing About It: Philadelphia. Cheesesteaks are the best!!! Besides that, telling people I’m from West Philadelphia…born and raised, on the playground is where I spent most of my days…sorry, Will Smith influenced this. What I like most about Philly is being able to explore when I’m biking or walking. There’s something new everyday to see.

Area of Study and Why You Chose It: Interior Architecture. Growing up I’ve watched my Mom and Aunt struggle when completing basic tasks in their own homes. I remember telling myself some day, I’ll design two large houses for my family to live in. I told myself when I become a billionaire (or successful) I’ll design wonderful homes that are not only beautiful but also universal. I believe with “good” design, anything is possible with some imagination.

Favorite Books: A Child Called It, The Lovely Bones….pssssh honestly, I only read if I have to.

Favorite Movies: Too many to count, but you can never go wrong with comedy and action movies.

Favorite TV Shows: Haven’t watch TV in a while since…oh gosh! since I started college. Where’s my life?!

Favorite Foods: Anything and everything. Right now I’m digging the whole Mediterranean food.

Favorite Musicians/Bands: My all time favorite band is Paramore. I’m also into YouTube musicians. In my opinion, they are much better than what’s on the radio.

Favorite Quote: “Sometimes in life we become so focused on the finish line that we fail to find joy in the journey.” – President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

What do you love most about the springtime? EVERYTHING!!!! I’m a spring baby. I love spring fashion, the great weather and not to mention nature’s beautiful colors.

What’s your best advice for students studying for finals? Run for your life and don’t look back! On a serious note, try your best and if you think it’s not your best than believe everything will be okay (because it is). There’s nothing more powerful than having hope and faith. Don’t stress it, we’ve come a long way and if you read “My Favorite Quote” section, then this explains everything.  Have fun with life and smile always.

Childhood Dream Job: Artist

Current Dream Job: World famous designer. If you need someone to design your home (or anything)…I’m your girl! Sandy Sovann, that’s me!

What do you love most about being a Chatham woman?  I’m a World Ready Woman

Mara Flanagan is entering her seventh semester as a Chapter Advisor. After founding the Chatham University Her Campus chapter in November 2011, she served as Campus Correspondent until graduation in 2015. Mara works as a freelance social media consultant in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She interned in incident command software publicity at ADASHI Systems, gamification at Evive Station, iQ Kids Radio in WQED’s Education Department, PR at Markowitz Communications, writing at WQED-FM, and marketing and product development at Bossa Nova Robotics. She loves jazz, filmmaking and circus arts.