Sade Wilson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

Sade Wilson

Year: 2016

Hometown and Your Favorite Thing About It:

I’m from New Kensington. My favorite thing about it would have to be how many good places there are to get pizza!

Area of Study and Why You Chose It:

I’m studying Exercise Science. I chose this area of study because I was injured at work last year, which led to nerve damage in my hand and arm. I had to go to physical therapy sessions for a few months and while there I got to experience all the good that the therapists were doing. I got to see the progress of not only myself but of others.

Favorite Book:

The Thief Lord! I read it in fourth grade and fell in love with it and Venice, Italy. I’m still waiting for the chance to visit!

Favorite Movie: The Godfather trilogy

Favorite TV Show: How I Met Your Mother

Favorite Food: Spaghetti

Favorite Musician/Band: Etta James

Ultimate Friday Night: Getting together with my friends and going on adventures. We never really know where we’re going or why but we make the best out of any situation we’re in.

What do you like most about winter? When Pittsburgh is lit up with Christmas lights.

Favorite Hot Beverage: Hot chocolate with mini marshmallows

Favorite Winter Treat: Peppermint candy canes.

Favorite Thing to Do in December: Drinking hot chocolate and watching Christmas Classics.

What do you love most about being a Chatham woman?

I love the bonds I have made with so many wonderful women on campus, from first years and upperclassmen to the professors and staff. Its something that I feel I wouldn’t be able to do at another university. We are like a family, and where I come from family is very important.

Group Photo: Wilson with the cast of Chatham’s production of The Rocky Horror Show

Mara Flanagan is entering her seventh semester as a Chapter Advisor. After founding the Chatham University Her Campus chapter in November 2011, she served as Campus Correspondent until graduation in 2015. Mara works as a freelance social media consultant in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She interned in incident command software publicity at ADASHI Systems, gamification at Evive Station, iQ Kids Radio in WQED’s Education Department, PR at Markowitz Communications, writing at WQED-FM, and marketing and product development at Bossa Nova Robotics. She loves jazz, filmmaking and circus arts.