Review: Bill’s Bar and Burger (in 140 Characters or Less)

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

Tired of pizza and takeout? We get it. Now that Finals Week is over, we’re craving culinary creations that don’t come in cardboard boxes. When Bill’s Bar and Burger invited HC to grab a bite Downtown, we abandoned our textbooks and settled in at the bar for nachos, sliders and – surprisingly – broccoli. Read our review (in tweets!) to find out what you have to look forward to at Bill’s. 

Reviewers:

Catherine Giles, Features and Blog Editor

Mara Flanagan, Campus Correspondent

Ambiance

Cat: Getting into the restaurant was a bit confusing, but the dim lights made for an intimate atmosphere. Sitting at the bar had good ambiance.

Mara: Great bar seating. Roomy chairs, warm lighting and a wide countertop made it comfortable and relaxing.

Menu

Cat: The setup of the menu was a little unclear at first, but the overall presentation of the menu and the food selection was divine!

Mara: I’d order almost every dish on the menu. Expect beautiful burgers, tantalizing milkshakes and a list of sides that goes way beyond fries.

Loaded Nachos

Cat: These have literally everything you could ever want on them to provide ultimate nacho satisfaction. A++++!

Mara: Best nachos I’ve ever tasted. Big plate, good mix of flavors. Perfect for sharing – more than enough for two! Chili was a nice touch.

Charred Broccoli

Cat: I’d never heard of this, but our waitress recommended it. I’m sooo glad I tried it! This dish has a “just like granny made it” taste! 

Mara: Crunchy, garlicky goodness! Delivers the crispiness of fries and doesn’t overpower the burger. Definitely my favorite dish of the night.

Bill’s Burger

Cat: It was hard to set my burger down on my plate, it was so delicious. The meat was perfectly done, and I was sad to see it gone so quickly! 

Sliders

Mara: Perfectly sized: three sliders were filling. Tasted fresh, and Cat pointed out that the toasted buns made the burgers even more flavorful.

Service

Cat: We were seated immediately, which was perfect. The waitresses offered great advice and recommendations as well as friendly conversation. 

Mara: The servers could not have been kinder! They were on top of everything, endlessly patient and seriously excellent. 

Want to grab a bite at Bill’s? They’re open now on the first floor of the Westin Convention Center at 1001 Liberty Avenue. 

Mara Flanagan is entering her seventh semester as a Chapter Advisor. After founding the Chatham University Her Campus chapter in November 2011, she served as Campus Correspondent until graduation in 2015. Mara works as a freelance social media consultant in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She interned in incident command software publicity at ADASHI Systems, gamification at Evive Station, iQ Kids Radio in WQED’s Education Department, PR at Markowitz Communications, writing at WQED-FM, and marketing and product development at Bossa Nova Robotics. She loves jazz, filmmaking and circus arts.