This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

Hello Beautiful people! Here we are yet again with another review! Today we’re going to look at my current hairstyle: an orange lace front wig! Anyone who knows me, knows I love fun and outrageous hair colors. However, I was always weary of picking a color like orange because of the different shades it comes in. I was mainly worried if the color would fit my skin tone but it did, so here we are!

Let’s jump in!

I ordered this wig from BeaHairs.com

This wig was a custom order so I had to wait about 2 weeks before it shipped. I ordered the wig on December 27th and received the wig on January 17th.

Hair specs:

• Length: 16 inches
  • Texture: Silky Straight
  • Cap Size: Medium
  • Hair Type: Brazilian Virgin
  • Construction: Lace front

Before I continue I want to lay some knowledge on ya. When shopping for wigs or bundles (hair extensions) be aware that terms like “Unprocessed”, “Brazilian”, “Mongolian”, “Vietnamese”, “Indian” and “Remy” are marketing schemes to get you to buy from a company.

All hair initially originates from India; in some parts of India the women grow their hair out to long lengths then either sell it or donate it to reputable companies. This is true unprocessed hair or what those in the hair biz would call “raw hair”. The only thing that happens to said hair is sanitation and wefting. Now, the remaining hairs that fall on the ground are the hairs are shipped to Chinese hair companies. These companies then coat the hair in silicon and other chemicals to make it manageable and pretty. *REAL HAIR DOES NOT HAVE UNIFORM CURL PATTERNS* They then like to market the same processed hair as unprocessed and as “Brazilian” or some other nationality. This is what folks in the hair biz call “Virgin Hair”, which is contradictory but the term has been used so much it almost holds no meaning. I only bought this wig because I knew the nature of the product I was purchasing and how to handle it. I am by no means trying bash virgin hair companies, I only want others to be aware of the ins and outs of hair. Virgin Hair can last for about 6 months, maybe longer with some extra TLC but Raw hair will last for 2+ years.

Anyway, now that I’m done with my little spiel let’s continue!

This what it looked like straight out the package (excuse the hat, I hadn’t cut the lace off yet)

Here’s a photo of it after the first wash (I waited a while before I cut the lace, I wanted to be sure I liked the wig):

And here’s another photo of the wig completely dry:

And here are a couple pictures of the wig now:

Now, the wig is about 14-15 inches because I had to hack off a couple of inches because the ends were so bad. It sheds and tangles a medium amount but still rather irritating and inconvenient but again, this sort of hair/wig is on the cheaper end of the spectrum; you get what you pay for. I knew what I was getting myself into.

I use Garnier® Whole Blends™ Honey Treasures repairing conditioner, an apple cider vinegar spray (homemade) and argan oil to maintain this hair. Essentially it is all about retaining moisture within the hair.

BE MINDFUL

Do not expect Virgin hair to last past 6 months

BONUS: If you want hair that will last you practically forever I recommend Ondibu Hair. This hair is expensive but LASTS and is the real deal. Hair is an investment.

Overall rating: 5/10

Hope you all enjoyed! Until next time!

Hello! My name is Destynie Chase. I'm a junior at Chatham University, I'm majoring in Creative Writing and English. I write reviews on makeup, skincare product and post the occasional "outfit of the day".
Indigo Baloch is the HC Chatham Campus Correspondent. She is a junior at Chatham University double majoring in Creative Writing and Journalism and double minoring Graphic Design and an Asian Studies Certificate. Indigo is a writer and Editorial Assistant at Maniac Magazine and occasionally does book reviews for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. She is also the Public Relations Director for The Mr. Roboto Project (a music venue in Pittsburgh) and creates their monthly newsletter. During her freshman and sophomore year, Indigo was the Editor-in-Chief of Chatham's student driven newsprint: Communique. Currently, on campus, Indigo is the Communications Coordinator for Minor Bird (Chatham's literary magazine), the Public Relations Director for Chatham's chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, and a Staff Writer and Columnist for Communique. She has worked as a Fashion Editorial Intern for WHIRL Magazine, and has been a featured reader at Chatham's Undergraduate Reading Series and a featured writer in Minor Bird. She loves art, music, film, theater, writing, and traveling.