Pennsylvania Museum Will Host an Event Based on “Legends of the Hidden Temple”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.
In the year of 2016, it seems as if we can’t escape the resurgence of the 90’s that has taken over pop culture like a Lisa Frank filled plague set to the tune of a Nirvana track. If you’re not a fan, look away now. If you (like me) are embracing the 90’s take over of pop culture, I’ve got some news for you.

Fans of 90’s Nick television seem to always in some way sneak in at least a mention of the game show “Legends of the Hidden Temple.” Back in the 90’s, “Legends of the Hidden Temple” was known as an action-adventure type of game show where children competed to find the Olmec Head’s hidden artifacts and answer questions based on history, mythology, and geography. The show ran from 1993 to 1995, with re-runs being aired until 1998. Recently, Nickelodeon announced that they will be releasing a “Legends of the Hidden Temple” TV movie based off of the game show.

However, if your sense of hype is already up and you can’t wait that long for the movie to air, or even if you aren’t a fan of the original show and you’re looking for something to do after the semester is over, “Legends of the Hidden Temple” may actually be coming to you. The University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology near Philadelphia will be hosting an event based on the beloved children’s game show in 3 weeks. 

In effort to stay true to the game, attendees will be split into teams and perform physical and mental challenges revolving around history, and you can expect there to be temple guards- if you get caught answering a question wrong, you’re out of the game!

The doors will open on April 20th from 6pm to 8 pm. Tickets for the event are about $20 and are available for purchase as of now. 

Born in 1994, Ashe has tumbled in the woods, been attacked by animals and gotten lost on clear-cut trails in the search of an adventure. She enjoys nature in all aspects, fantasy novels and comics, and listens to music that is almost never in English.
Indigo Baloch is the HC Chatham Campus Correspondent. She is a junior at Chatham University double majoring in Creative Writing and Journalism and double minoring Graphic Design and an Asian Studies Certificate. Indigo is a writer and Editorial Assistant at Maniac Magazine and occasionally does book reviews for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. She is also the Public Relations Director for The Mr. Roboto Project (a music venue in Pittsburgh) and creates their monthly newsletter. During her freshman and sophomore year, Indigo was the Editor-in-Chief of Chatham's student driven newsprint: Communique. Currently, on campus, Indigo is the Communications Coordinator for Minor Bird (Chatham's literary magazine), the Public Relations Director for Chatham's chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, and a Staff Writer and Columnist for Communique. She has worked as a Fashion Editorial Intern for WHIRL Magazine, and has been a featured reader at Chatham's Undergraduate Reading Series and a featured writer in Minor Bird. She loves art, music, film, theater, writing, and traveling.