Our Favorite First Year Memories

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

Amy Chau ’15

“Battle of Classes. It really strengthens your bond as a class. The mystery events were very exciting and the Song Contest was the highlight.”

Rosemary Davies ’16

Whew. This is difficult, but I would have to say that it was the “Singing Cities” event that Chatham Choir did with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra (PSO) alongside 2000 other singers. We sang Verdi – and it was breathtaking! The memory leaves me overcome with awe.

Casey Deer ’15

Dr. Lenz’s class!

Jessica Sanfilippo ’15

The Vagina Monologues performance was great. I was also secretary of F.A.C.E., a feminist club on campus. We did a lot of awareness work.

Shannon Ward ’15

I think my favorite first year memory was going on adventures, on and off campus, with my friends. In high school, I was always a bit of a loner because I did not have common interests with the people around me. But when I got to Chatham, I met really awesome people that very well might be friends for life.

Stephanie Welling ’14

Ghost-hunting in Mellon on Halloween night and not uncovering a single paranormal thing.

Onastasia Youssef ’14

1) Going to the Warhol Museum with Dr. Lenz and the 2014 Scholars!

2) Walking the labyrinth for the first time with one of my friends.

3) Doing a group performance piece on the Alan Parsons Project for class. These experiences were vital to my first year – not only did they teach me how loving and creative the class environment is here at Chatham, but they were also essential bonding experiences for me and my peers.

What is your favorite first year memory? Share it in the comments!

Photo by Mara Flanagan

Mara Flanagan is entering her seventh semester as a Chapter Advisor. After founding the Chatham University Her Campus chapter in November 2011, she served as Campus Correspondent until graduation in 2015. Mara works as a freelance social media consultant in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She interned in incident command software publicity at ADASHI Systems, gamification at Evive Station, iQ Kids Radio in WQED’s Education Department, PR at Markowitz Communications, writing at WQED-FM, and marketing and product development at Bossa Nova Robotics. She loves jazz, filmmaking and circus arts.