How to Treat Yo Self During Midterms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.
It happens to all of us—midterms roll around and all you can do is pray you’ll survive. Your selfcare goes out the window. You forget to brush your teeth or shower. There’s no time for anything but work. 

But you have to take a break. You really do. You have to stop and take care of yourself. It’s time to pamper and rest—and here’s how:

1. StyleWatch

Sit down, take a breather, and read something other than a textbook for a minute. StyleWatch is a brand that is inclusive, positive, supportive and fun. They showcase street style photos from all over the world and celebrate people of all sizes, skin tones, hair types and personal styles. If you’re looking for fashion inspiration, they’re sure to have some choices for you. And at a time when you’re probably wearing the same pair of sweatpants three days in row, you could use a inspiration. Get daily inspiration on Twitter (@StyleWatchMag) and Instagram (@StyleWatchMag)

2. Milani Color Statement Nail Lacquer 

There’s a good chance you need a pop of color right about now—and probably a manicure. Good thing Milani Cosmetics have the most vibrant shades around! Pick one or pick a few—either way they’re sure to brighten up this dreary time! Check them out on Facebook (facebook.com/milani), Twitter (@Milanicosmetics), and Instagram (@MilaniCosmetics).

3. MissMe Flash Tattoos

Speaking of brightening up your day, why not do it with something metallic. Try MissMe Flash Tattoos to add a little shimmer and glimmer to your life. Also, share on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter what makes you shine with #MissMeOnCampus and tag @MissMeJeans for a chance to win a $500 shopping spree from MissMe.com! Shop MissMe.com and use FREE shipping code: HCXPSW15 at check out. Offer expires 12/31/15. Learn more on Facebook (facebook.com/missmejeans), Twitter (@Missmejeans), and Instagram (@MissMeJeans).

4. Simple Cleansing Wipes

Chances are, your skincare routine has fallen by the wayside. For a quick refresher, use Simple® Skincare. All Simple® Skincare products contain no dyes, no artificial perfumes and no harsh chemicals that can upset skin. Their products are made with multi-vitamins and are hypoallergenic, paraben-free, dermatologist tested and non-comedogenic. These wipes gently cleanse, and remove impurities and even the toughest makeup with just one wipe. They also contain Pro-Vitamin B5 (known to help soften and smooth skin) and Vitamin E (an antioxidant known to help nourish skin). Check out more of their great products on Facebook (facebook.com/simpleskincare), Twitter (@SimpleSkincare), and Instagram (@Simpleskincare).

5. Colgate Optic White Products

As I mentioned, by this time, no doubt, you have forgotten to brush your teeth at least once—maybe twice. And now it’s time to give your pearly whites some TLC. Do so with with the Colgate Optic White Toothbrush plus Whitening Pen—no waiting, no rinsing, no mess, and it starts working in one day! Also try Colgate Optic White Express White toothpaste with hydrogen peroxide for whiter teeth in three days, just by brushing. Go ahead and dazzle without the hassle of whitening strips! See more on Twitter by following @OpticWhite.

Indigo Baloch is the HC Chatham Campus Correspondent. She is a junior at Chatham University double majoring in Creative Writing and Journalism and double minoring Graphic Design and an Asian Studies Certificate. Indigo is a writer and Editorial Assistant at Maniac Magazine and occasionally does book reviews for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. She is also the Public Relations Director for The Mr. Roboto Project (a music venue in Pittsburgh) and creates their monthly newsletter. During her freshman and sophomore year, Indigo was the Editor-in-Chief of Chatham's student driven newsprint: Communique. Currently, on campus, Indigo is the Communications Coordinator for Minor Bird (Chatham's literary magazine), the Public Relations Director for Chatham's chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, and a Staff Writer and Columnist for Communique. She has worked as a Fashion Editorial Intern for WHIRL Magazine, and has been a featured reader at Chatham's Undergraduate Reading Series and a featured writer in Minor Bird. She loves art, music, film, theater, writing, and traveling.