Horoscopes: October 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

Aries: Find the time to make an apple pie with a friend. Buy the apples from a local market.

Taurus: In the last week, you have found where you need to be. It’s okay to go.

Gemini: Though you have a new source of pain, it is manageable. You have grown to be as strong as a sunflower. Keep growing.

Cancer: Start listening—to what you can understand and what you cannot.

Leo: You took the right steps by reaching out to your past. Don’t let your hard work go to waste.

Virgo: Try going through your closets and drawers. Make a pile of things to keep and make a pile of things to give away.

Libra: You will be returning to a place of pain soon. It will not destroy you. You will learn from it.

Scorpio: Write about last Halloween in your journal.

Sagittarius: Search through Sappho’s poetry. You will find peace there.

Capricorn: Your shoulders will loosen soon.

Aquarius: It’s true that it’s not the same as last year, but you exist in the present. Stand in the wind without a jacket.

Pisces: Make a playlist of how you felt this time last October. 

Jess Turner is a Junior at Chatham University majoring in Creative Writing and minoring in Music, with an International Studies Certificate focusing on the French language. She has interests in Studio Arts, Gender Studies, and Food Studies. Jess is a member of the editorial board for her campus's literary magazine, The Minor Bird, Treasurer of her school's branch of the International Honors Society, Sigma Tau Delta, and a writer for the online social content platform, Odyssey. Additionally, her poetry has been published in The Minor Bird and The Sigma Tau Delta Rectangle.
Indigo Baloch is the HC Chatham Campus Correspondent. She is a junior at Chatham University double majoring in Creative Writing and Journalism and double minoring Graphic Design and an Asian Studies Certificate. Indigo is a writer and Editorial Assistant at Maniac Magazine and occasionally does book reviews for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. She is also the Public Relations Director for The Mr. Roboto Project (a music venue in Pittsburgh) and creates their monthly newsletter. During her freshman and sophomore year, Indigo was the Editor-in-Chief of Chatham's student driven newsprint: Communique. Currently, on campus, Indigo is the Communications Coordinator for Minor Bird (Chatham's literary magazine), the Public Relations Director for Chatham's chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, and a Staff Writer and Columnist for Communique. She has worked as a Fashion Editorial Intern for WHIRL Magazine, and has been a featured reader at Chatham's Undergraduate Reading Series and a featured writer in Minor Bird. She loves art, music, film, theater, writing, and traveling.