HC Chatham’s Cuties: Our Hometowns

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

One of the questions we love to ask during Campus Cutie interviews: What’s your hometown and what do you love about it?

Now that prospective students are making their college decisions, we’ve rounded up some of their answers to show that no matter where you’re from, you’ll find your place at Chatham!

Dallas, Texas! I love that you can have sunny days year-round, and that it is the place where most of my family is located.”

– Allison Albitz

Pittsburgh. I love Primanti’s!”

– Rachel Jones

“I’m from Korea. :) I love our transportation system. Thanks to that, I can go many places even if I don’t have a car.”

– Sujin Kim

Ponca City, Oklahoma. I love all of the parks and wide-open spaces, and that I can’t get lost there.”

– Bethany Bookout

“My hometown is Hilliard, Ohio.  I never really realized all of the opportunity that it held until I left and came here.  Beyond that, I believe the one thing I love the most is that it is home to The Ohio State University. Go Bucks!”

– Marisa Rosner

“I’m from the Scott Depot/Winfield area of West Virginia. Though they’re both small towns, I loved living in a suburban, valley area now that I live in a city. Also, Orange Leaf.”

– Kara Doss

“I’m from Seoul, Korea. Unlike in America where the streets are straight, we have numerous small alleys. They have their own unique themes and tasty street foods. Insadong-gil, samcheongdong-gil, garosu-gil are my favorite :D  You guys need to visit Korea!”

– Boram Min

Columbia, MD. I love how close I am to both Baltimore and Washington, DC. I grew up going down to the capital, visiting all of the monuments and various museums. I always took it for granted the fact that I was able to experience so much culture from such a young age. Where I grew up has made me into who I am today. I was always so close to the politics and always (to a point) was in touch with what was happening just 30 minutes away. Politics was always such a big part of who I am, and now I want to continue to let it influence me, and maybe have some influence in it!”

– Maya Carey

Pittsburgh! This city has such a large art scene, which is something that I don’t think a lot of cities have, at least not as much as we do here.”

– Maura Creighton

“My hometown is Charleroi, Pennsylvania. What I loved about Charleroi is that I’ve met people there that are my type of people and I will never find friendships like that anywhere else.”

– Kaitlyn Caramela

Pittsburgh! I love it here because there’s always something to do, whether it is going out to eat at any kind of restaurant you could think of, going to museums, biking on the trails throughout the entire city, or going to shows that range from classical music to rock concerts. I also have always appreciated that Pittsburgh is a big city with that small town feel.”

– Jessica Keller

South Heights, PA, which I love because it is so small and teeming with lots of green life! The forest was in my backyard; there were towering trees and overgrown, wild gardens everywhere you looked! Super early in the morning, if I stood silently on the steps leading up to my house, I could hear a brook babble as it trickled down the hill and the sun would slowly rise. It was the most peaceful place in the world. It is such a tiny place, we do not even have mailboxes and aren’t even on most maps.”

– Evalynn Farkas

“I always have trouble with this question because I was born in New Mexico, but I always consider my hometown to be Pittsburgh. I love all the nature and outdoor space everyone can enjoy (and can usually walk very easily). And even though the traffic is a mess, I love the sports and how it brings the city together. It’s very unique compared to other cities. Also, the new food scene happening here is super awesome. I am looking forward to what the food scene will have to offer here in the next five years.”

– Anna McDevitt

Miami, Florida. I lived there until I was 9 years old. My favorite memory of living here was our daily trip to beach in the summer and really, really good seafood.”

– Alice Shy

Connellsville, Pennsylvania. It’s such a small town and everyone knows everyone. All the people are just so kind and would give anything to help someone in need.” 

– Ashley Traynor

Where are you from? Let us know in the comments!

Mara Flanagan is entering her seventh semester as a Chapter Advisor. After founding the Chatham University Her Campus chapter in November 2011, she served as Campus Correspondent until graduation in 2015. Mara works as a freelance social media consultant in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She interned in incident command software publicity at ADASHI Systems, gamification at Evive Station, iQ Kids Radio in WQED’s Education Department, PR at Markowitz Communications, writing at WQED-FM, and marketing and product development at Bossa Nova Robotics. She loves jazz, filmmaking and circus arts.