Exit Interview: Lejla Avdagic, Events Director

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

Lejla Avdagic is a masterful planner. As the Events Director for HC Chatham, she orchestrated everything from Spirit Days to She’s the First Bake Sales with the Muslim Student Association. If you’ve ever connected with HC in person, chances are that Lejla’s had a hand in making it happen.  She’s a pro at forging partnerships, managing details and coordinating schedules, meeting every challenge with extraordinary grace and quiet confidence. Lejla strengthened our team with her kindness and her generous spirit, and we are confident her dreams of fashion entrepreneurship will come true.

HC Chatham: Why did you choose to join the Her Campus Chatham team?

Lejla Avdagic: I decided to join the Her Campus team after being inspired by Mara’s hard work and dedication to Her Campus Chatham. I wanted to join and make a positive impact just as she had. As a first year at the time, I also believe that it would allow for me to meet great people. In addition, I love that Her Campus would allow for me to connect with other undergraduates. There was definitely a creative aspect of Her Campus that appealed to me

As the undergraduate college goes coed, what are your hopes for the future of HC Chatham?

As Chatham goes coed, I hope that it will serve as a platform to educate men on issues that impact women and allow for them to become more open-minded and respectful.

What advice you have for the Class of 2019?

Class of 2019, have confidence in yourselves and never allow for anyone to tell you that you can’t achieve what you set out to accomplish. Life is too short to live with regrets so live it to the fullest and be open to new possibilities. Also, travel as much as you can during your undergraduate career and even beyond. It will open your eyes to new perspectives and allow for you to be a well-rounded individual. You will also meet a lot of amazing people along the way, which I hope will positively impact you and serve as lifelong friends.

What do you love most about Chatham women?

What I love most about Chatham women is that we’re fierce and fabulous in the sense that we aren’t afraid to go after what we want. I love the sense of sisterhood and unity at our university. Chatham women are truly world ready women by the time they graduate.

Mara Flanagan is entering her seventh semester as a Chapter Advisor. After founding the Chatham University Her Campus chapter in November 2011, she served as Campus Correspondent until graduation in 2015. Mara works as a freelance social media consultant in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She interned in incident command software publicity at ADASHI Systems, gamification at Evive Station, iQ Kids Radio in WQED’s Education Department, PR at Markowitz Communications, writing at WQED-FM, and marketing and product development at Bossa Nova Robotics. She loves jazz, filmmaking and circus arts.