A Day in the Life of a Chatham Squirrel

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.
Her Campus Chatham: What are you studying right now at Chatham, and what made you decide to study it? 
Sylvia Squirrel: Thievery and Cuteness. It runs in the family. I’m a third generation Chatham student on my mom’s side.

What organizations are you involved with at Chatham? 
The Squirrel Club mostly. We meet in trees and trash cans around campus and talk about the snacks we got that day.

What would you like your lasting mark on Chatham to be?
I’d like people to remember how cute and unattainable I am.

Why did you choose Chatham?
My family has been here for generations!

What advice do you have for prospective students making their college decision?
Give me your food… and don’t try to touch me…

What would be your dream job? 
Just being fat and happy, really.

What are some goals you have for post-grad? 
What’s “post-grad” mean?

How has Chatham changed your life? 
It’s certainly helped me put on the pounds! All my friends at Pitt say I’m looking quite plump these days! 

What’s the best advice you’ve ever gotten from a Chatham faculty or staff member?
“Do you want a nibble of my bagel? Oh you’re so cute!”

What do you love most about Chatham? 
The friendly people who share their food with me!
Indigo Baloch is the HC Chatham Campus Correspondent. She is a junior at Chatham University double majoring in Creative Writing and Journalism and double minoring Graphic Design and an Asian Studies Certificate. Indigo is a writer and Editorial Assistant at Maniac Magazine and occasionally does book reviews for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. She is also the Public Relations Director for The Mr. Roboto Project (a music venue in Pittsburgh) and creates their monthly newsletter. During her freshman and sophomore year, Indigo was the Editor-in-Chief of Chatham's student driven newsprint: Communique. Currently, on campus, Indigo is the Communications Coordinator for Minor Bird (Chatham's literary magazine), the Public Relations Director for Chatham's chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, and a Staff Writer and Columnist for Communique. She has worked as a Fashion Editorial Intern for WHIRL Magazine, and has been a featured reader at Chatham's Undergraduate Reading Series and a featured writer in Minor Bird. She loves art, music, film, theater, writing, and traveling.