In Case You Missed It: The Trailer for Disney’s “Finding Dory” is Finally Here

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

Back in 2003, Pixar released Finding Nemo, a film about the distressed clownfish Marlin attempting to find his son Nemo after he’s captured and taken to a dentist office aquarium. However, if you were like me, you might have been a little more focused on Dory and her antics as she attempted to not only help Marlin find Nemo, but also work through her own short term memory loss. The two narratives intertwined to create one of the most grossing and heartwarming films about a fish to date.

Well fellow Dory fans, this time it’s Dory’s turn to be fully in the spotlight.  Earlier this week, Disney finally released the trailer for the long-anticipated Finding Nemo sequel, Finding Dory!

The story takes place after the events of Finding Nemo, as Dory accompanies Mr. Ray and the kids on a school trip she remembers she has a family that once loved her. The trailer then proceeds to show how Marlin, Nemo, and Dory set off to help Dory get back home- but not before introducing some new friends of Dory’s at an aquarium: an adorable whale shark that remembers Dory fondly and a stealthy Octopus whom should probably not go into the garbage disposal.

If you’re ready for another ocean-riffic, emotion-filled adventure and a bit of a trip down memory lane, you can watch the trailer here down below from Ellen’s youtube channel:

Let me know what you thought of the trailer in the comments below!

Born in 1994, Ashe has tumbled in the woods, been attacked by animals and gotten lost on clear-cut trails in the search of an adventure. She enjoys nature in all aspects, fantasy novels and comics, and listens to music that is almost never in English.
Indigo Baloch is the HC Chatham Campus Correspondent. She is a junior at Chatham University double majoring in Creative Writing and Journalism and double minoring Graphic Design and an Asian Studies Certificate. Indigo is a writer and Editorial Assistant at Maniac Magazine and occasionally does book reviews for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. She is also the Public Relations Director for The Mr. Roboto Project (a music venue in Pittsburgh) and creates their monthly newsletter. During her freshman and sophomore year, Indigo was the Editor-in-Chief of Chatham's student driven newsprint: Communique. Currently, on campus, Indigo is the Communications Coordinator for Minor Bird (Chatham's literary magazine), the Public Relations Director for Chatham's chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, and a Staff Writer and Columnist for Communique. She has worked as a Fashion Editorial Intern for WHIRL Magazine, and has been a featured reader at Chatham's Undergraduate Reading Series and a featured writer in Minor Bird. She loves art, music, film, theater, writing, and traveling.