gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Why your Galantine is better than your Valentine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

From the wise words of Leslie Knope, “Every February 13th my lady friends and I leave our husbands and our boyfriends at home and we just come and kick it breakfast style. Ladies celebrating ladies. It’s like Lilith Fair, minus the angst. Plus frittatas”.  Aside from the widely relatable Parks and Recreation reference, we should all recognize the importance of our Galantines.

As the month of overpriced drug store chocolate, incredibly obnoxious pink decorations and sappy love cards creeps its way into the new year, many of us ladies are left wondering “why not us?” But not to worry, because this year we forget about the insignificant day of love and focus our energy on what truly matters, Galantines Day. So ladies, its time to start remembering why are Galantine is more important than our Valentines.

1.We can eat as much chocolate as we want

Our Galantines won’t mind if we fill our tummies with an abundance of sweet goodness.

2.Sweats pants, chillin with no make up on

Got a pimple? It’s A-Ok! Heck, flaunt it girl. Your Galantine would be more than happy to pop those zits

3.No shave never

Not shaved? No time? No worries! Your Galantine will appreciate you weather or not you have a bit of extra fuzz on those thighs.

4.Netflix and chill, without worrying about the chill.

Now you can watch that Nicholas Sparks movies without having to worry if you’ll actually get through the whole thing.

5.Lets get weird

Get wild! Have that pillow fight! Shove your face in a bucket of ice cream. Scream at the top of your lungs to Beyoncé’s “Single Ladies”.

6.Bachelor Special

Don’t worry, Ben will be more than happy to serve your needs with Valentines special.

Who needs the 14th, when all that truly matters is February 13. So ladies, gut up your fellow Galantines and enjoy the most lovable day of the year.