Why Christian Louboutin’s Nudes are So Important

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Nude flats, or nude items of clothing or makeup in general have been a topic of controversy for quite some time now. As essential as they are to any true fashionista’s closet, the typical “nude” flats are not always nude for everyone. Nude shades that are meant to represent skin tones, often only come in shades that match caucasian skin tone, and not those of other ethnicities or races. So fashion has been looking over various shades of true nude, for ages now. Many companies, from lingerie to shoes, have been working towards creating a shade of nude for every skin tone.

Now, fashionistas across the globe can rejoice, because Christian Louboutin has finally put out a classic nude flat to their Nudes collection, called the Solasofia, and they actually work for every skin color. Now women everywhere can rock the staple piece in their wardrobe, fitted to their needs.

What’s so important about this is that the fashion world is finally starting to embrace diversity. From plus size models on Sports Illustrated to Aerie’s new #aeriereal campaign, fashion is changing for the better. Accepting different skin tones and body sizes in the fashion world means that world in general is becoming more open and accepting as a whole. Small steps like these, even just for fashion, say a lot about the way our world is adapting, and it seems as though we are moving towards embracing all, every shape, size, color, gender, and sexuality.

Bravo, Christian, BRAVO!