freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Why Being in a Relationship is So Much Better Than Hookup Culture

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

His heart is yours. His eyes are yours. His laugh is yours. He is yours. And you are his. There is something about the connection between two people that love each other that means so much more than the random hookup with any guy. Say you’re at a party, you’re drunk, and you get with a guy. He doesn’t remember your name, you barely remember his. You never see each other again.

The same thing happens the next night and the week after. Sure it was fun, but it didn’t mean anything. When you are in a relationship, it means everything. You feel passion. You feel understood. You feel loved. He knows your name and not just that. Your favorite food, TV show, your little quirks no one else knows. He knows how to make you laugh and how to give the best cuddles in the world. He has memorized every part of you because you are the only one for him.

Being in a relationship teaches you to show your emotions and be yourself. Some people hide behind their fears of attachment and that’s why hookup culture is so prominent. But being in a relationship is so much more liberating. It’s about that total and complete comfort between you and another person. They can see you when you wake up in the morning with no makeup, they can hold your hand when you’re sad, they can simply tell you they love you. And that makes all the difference.