Who to Follow on Instagram: The Fashion Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Being fashionable is hard work. Coming up with new outfit ideas takes time, and sometimes it is hard to be inspired when there are other things to be worried about such as school, social lives, and money. There is a lot of pressure to always be put together — especially when you are trying to catch some cuties eye. So even after flipping through Pinterest while sitting in class listening to your professor ramble on, it may still be impossible to come up with an idea on how to revamp the clothes in the closet into something new and chic enough to strut around in. 

Blogs are great, but it is sometimes hard to find enough new ideas super quickly to be set for a few days, which is why fashion accounts on Instagram are one of the best tools when in a jam on planning the week’s ensembles. Instagram is already engrained into the lives of college students, so by following a few accounts, you will be able to find inspiration amongst the collection of friend pictures and celebrities already on your news feed. 

Here are a few accounts that you will find yourself double tapping in no time. 

1. @ashbegash: This account is filled with a variety of new and original outfit ideas, cute Insta worthy pose ideas, and even some links to websites and boutiques that are definitely worth checking out. Outfits are colorful and feminine with some bold statements that will inspire you to make a statement of your own. The best part is, she’s local! She is from San Diego, so her outfits still match the Cali lifestyle, and more importantly, the weather.

2. @kateireneblue: This Texan sure does know how to dress! Her posts are always classy and colorful. So for those of us that are into bright colors, this account presents ways to get that pop in there without being crazy. The accessories are always on point, so hopefully her posts will help you figure out when to use that clutch you purchased in ’09 but still barely use. 

3. @a_southerndrawl : Her Kentucky roots sure do show when scrolling through her account, but there are definitely a few things to learn from Grace. Seeing as we have finally started to hit temperatures below the 80s, it will be nice to see how to dress warm in preparation for the semi-cold winters California is known for. Her scarves, boots, and vests will surely help a beautiful rendition of your own emerge and be ready to strut down AF walkway. 

4. @sharstylebog: Stepping away from the preppier looks in the previously mentioned accounts, this account is geared toward a more laid back kind of woman. The outfits are great and conjure a casual but put together feel. The more relaxed fabrics and intricate patterns appeal to those who want to come across in a effortlessly chic kind of way. The accessories are limited on this account, but perfectly placed. 

5. @nicoleciotti: Heading toward a more sophisticated look, we see a variety of outfits that are polished but relaxed looking. The colors mainly seen are warm and cozy — maroons and mustard yellow, which are both extremely on trend at the moment. Her outfits and poses seem natural and not forced.

Inspiration is lurking everywhere, but by taking a couple of minutes to follow a few accounts that match your style, that inspiration will be so much easier to track down!