When You’re Obsessed With Buzzfeed Food Videos

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

There you are, casually scrolling down your timeline, when suddenly you come across a video that your aunt shared. It’s another Buzzfeed food video, and somehow you just can’t look away. Even worse, you find yourself visiting the Buzzfeed Food page itself, because you just need to know how to make a “Magic Chocolate Ball.”

Let’s face it, we’ve all watched one or two of those videos on Facebook before. It’s hard not to succumb to the entertaining plethora of random recipes. These are the best (and worst parts) of the how-to videos that are taking over the internet.

1. You will be endlessly distracted by the videos crowding your timeline.

You will never escape them, and you’ll be totally okay with it. Because you don’t actually have to do that Poli-Sci paper, right?

2. You’ll probably get ridiculously hungry every time you go on Facebook.

That “ohhh yeah” at the end of the Buzzfeed Tasty videos will get you every time. Right about time for that midnight snack now…

3. You’ll get new ideas for recipes…daily.

There’s no better time than 3a.m. to try out a new skillet cake recipe.

4. You’ll also fail at them. Miserably.

If you doubted your cooking abilities before, just wait until you try a Buzzfeed Food video.

5. Or, if you’re living in the dorms, you’ll cry about the fact that you can’t make any of these.

Let’s face it, those mug recipes aren’t at all what they’re cracked up to be.

6. You’ll always have a way to pass the time or procrastinate.

Waiting for a friend to pick you up? Just watch a couple of Buzzfeed Food videos!

7. You’ll be ridiculously annoyed when you run out of new videos to watch.

Now you’ll have to actuallllly be like, productive or whatever.