What’s in Your Purse?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

I decided to {finally} organize myself a little bit more this weekend, and decided to start somewhere simple: my purse. Lately, my handbag’s been filled with everything from receipts, to leftover Halloween candy (I know, I’m a terrible person, don’t judge me). So in order to keep my favorite accessory neat, I decided to create a list of things I should just always keep on me. Everything else could either be thrown out (good bye, Hershey’s) or stored in my car or in my room. Here are the list of essentials I came up with:

Phone: This is obvious! Keep your phone on you to stay connected, find your way, take pictures…or to look at yourself as you do your makeup before getting to your destination. Don’t forget that you also have a built-in flashlight for those dark nights that you’re walking home or to your car by yourself! Which brings me to…

Pepper Spray: Expect the unexpected. We hear horror stories all the time about girls on college campuses, and you don’t want to be that person. Be prepared and carry pepper spray with you at all times, just in case! You never know what’s going to happen, so it’s better to be safe than sorry. Self-defense is important!

ID: For legal purposes, you want to make sure you always have some form of identification. You also need it in case you’re girlfriends decide to grab drinks! *Side note: you school ID is also really important to have handy! For most of us, it’s the only way to get into our rooms. But your school ID can also score you some serious discounts at your favorite stores and restaurants!*

Tic Tacs (or gum): Honey, this isn’t an option. Nobody likes bad breath.

Cash: I’m pretty guilty about this! Some places don’t take credit card. Have a decent amount of cash ($15-20) on you at all times.

Asprin: Whether you’ve been walking in heels all day or work has given you a headache, you want to have some relief handy.

Tissues: Sneeze attacks, cough attacks, and runny noses are inevitable! Keep some soft tissues with you!

Feminine Products: Because Mother Nature apparently loves surprises.

Allergy Medication: If you get allergies or you have asthma, you should keep your medication on you at all times to avoid any discomfort.

Nail File: Having this has saved me so many times, trust me! Nobody likes to deal with a broken nail.

Band-Aids: My mom finds herself giving people band-aids all the time, so if you’re not awfully accident-prone like I am, at least you’ll be able to help somebody who is.