1. Where should you store coffee beans if you make coffee daily?
A: In the fridge
B: In the freezer
C: In a container on the counter (i.e. room temp)
2. Which city in the United States has the most coffee shops?
3. Professional coffee tasting is know as ______?
4. How many tablespoons of ground coffee should you use for every 6 ounces of water when making a pot of coffee?
A: 1 tablespoon
B: 2 tablespoons
C: 4 tablespoons
D: Equal parts ground coffee and water
5. What drink is composed of: espresso, chocolate syrup, steamed milk, and whipped cream?
C: Green Eye
D: Cafe Mocha
6. Unroasted coffee beans are called?
A: Orange beans
B: Green beans
D: Raw beans
7. TRUE or FALSE: Light roast coffee contains more caffeine than dark roast coffee.
8. TRUE or FALSE: A shot of espresso and an 8 ounce cup of coffee have the same amount of caffeine.
9. TRUE or FALSE: A drink consisting of one shot of espresso and milk foam is called a macchiato.
10. The thin layer of caramel colored foam at the top of an espresso shot is called______?
How did you do? Look below for answers to see if you’ve really got the buzz!
1. C: make sure to keep beans in an airtight container. If you’re not making coffee every day, then you can freeze it for up to 3 months.
2. C: Us Californians are all about that caffeine high.
4. B: that is, unless you prefer it much stronger or weaker.
7. True: the longer beans are roasted, the more caffeine they lose.
8. False: a shot of espresso actually has less caffeine than an 8 oz cup of coffee