burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

What Your Shoes Say About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Tennis Shoes:

You are always working out. Like ALWAYS. Even if you are not at the gym, but wearing these out, then that counts as exercising. Oh yeah, you can definitely feel the burn. Just by wearing them. Also, you are always ready for a marathon run or anything that involves speed walking/sprinting.

Flip flops:

You were probably born and bred in Cali and your hobbies include walking on the beach, tanning at the beach, surfing at the beach, and sleeping. Sometimes at the beach. You beach bum, you. 

Cowboy boots:

You already know the 2015 Stagecoach lineup by heart and Tim McGraw is the love of your life. You either started wearing them because you are from Texas or because Taylor Swift was your idol growing up. Either one, save them for those few special occasions. 

Uggs:

Okay. Here we go. Uggs are only acceptable when it is very cold or you are in sweatpants indoors doing homework or just chilling. If you wear these on a sunny day with shorts because you think they count as real shoes and you are too lazy to wear real ones, think again. Just because these are comfy, doesn’t mean they are acceptable 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Thank you.

Ankle booties:

You want it to be Fall already but it is not acceptable to wear full boots yet. So, you opt for these. They are a cute way of adding a little height without wearing full on heels as well. You can make them work with anything from leggings to dresses. You are on the right track to transitioning in between seasons.

Platform heels:

Not all shoes were created equal. These definitely weren’t. You are probably going out partying in these or somewhere nice. Either way, they make your legs look amazing (an excuse to skip leg day at the gym) so keep it up.

Pumps:

You are a working girl. And if these are pointed, you are a fierce working girl. Work it, girl. #girlboss

Sneakers:

You are either wearing Converse, Vans, or the recently popular: Jordans. Either way, you like to be comfortable and casual. I mean, who doesn’t? However, don’t live in these, try to change it up once in a while. And girls, if you have been wearing the same white (now brown) Converse since seventh grade and they have pen scribbles all over them, invest in some new ones. 

Barefoot:

Hey there, you. You wonderfully free spirit. Keep on dancing through sunflower fields while your best friends takes polaroid pictures of you. Don’t worry, nobody’s watching.

Whatever you decide to wear remember, do you boo.

Xo,

JS

Jacky is an Advertising and Public Relations major at Chapman UniversityInsta: jackysalome