What I Wish I Could Say to My Senior Year Self

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Dear my senior-in-high school self,

Hey, it’s me. You’re still in the throws of college applications, SATs and writing your personal essay.  You’re focused on your future because this is important.  Picking a college, a home, for the next four years is daunting and stressful but get this, it will all be over so soon.  Before you know it you’ll be walking across the stage to retrieve your diploma in an auditorium with your family and friends and the class that you just spent the past 4 years with and then it will all be over.

The comfort of knowing everyone in your grade, knowing all of your teachers and knowing that the knew you too was a normal part of high school.  Always seeing a familiar face and always knowing that home wasn’t too far away.  All of these wonderful and often ignored aspects of high school will be over so soon and then in a blink of an eye you’ll be saying goodbye to your sister, parents and dog as you pack up your life and unpack it into an unfamiliar dorm room.

College is great.  You will have so much fun and meet so many interesting people.  Although, enjoy high school for me.  Enjoy your senior year because you only get one.  Hang out with your friends as much as possible, don’t stress too much and always remember that you will never be a high schooler after this.  Remember that the comfort of familiarity will no longer be a given after this and although that’s a good thing, savor it for as long as you can.  I promise, you won’t regret it.  

Sincerely, your freshman-in-college self