What To Do With the Money You Would Have Spent on Coachella

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Whether you’re there for the experience or there for the music, Coachella is a big deal in the industry. While I’m not a hater and love a good music festival as much as the next person, I do wonder how much Coachella costs and if it’s worth it to spend that much money on a weekend in the desert. So I asked around, got some estimates and came up with some alternatives with what a person could do with the amount that is spent on that weekend.  

Pass: 375$ for general 3-day admission and 899$ for VIP so we’ll round to 600$

The gift that keeps on giving, a Disneyland Resort Annual Passport where you can visit both theme parks on select days of the year and get 10% off merchandise and food!

Hotel: 400-500$ per night for hotels x 3 for each day and round to 450 x 3 = 1,350$

A roundtrip from LAX to Brisbane, Australia, a place where, unlike coachella, (basically) everyone is allowed to drink.

Shuttle pass: 60$

A pair of awesome high top vans:  

Food: 100-120$

Buy a 3Doodler: The World’s Best and First 3D Printing Pen! (99$)

Outfits: 50-100/200$

A Go Pro Hero Action Camcorder! 95$

Water: 2$ per bottle; 5 bottle * 3 = about 30$

Support Nothing But Nets, a charity where for 10$ you can protect a family in Africa from malaria. Or three families for 30$.  

So is Coachella worth the amount of money paid for it? Let us know!