V-Day Dates for Long Distance Valentines

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Under certain circumstances your Valentine and yourself may not be able to spend the big romance day together, but your love can still travel the distance even when you can’t.

Dinner and a FaceTime

Have your significant other get the same takeout from the same restaurant, light some candles in your computer/phone screen’s background, and enjoy a meal together — almost like you would if you were together, but slightly more pixelated.

Care Packages and Phone Calls

Send your Valentine his or her gift through the mail, and call them when they open your small box of chocolates, hand-written card, and DIY Valentine’s gift!

Netflix and Skype

Pick out a romantic movie for the holiday and watch it with your bae — he or she will be in the corner of your screen while the Netflix plays full screen and make sure to sync when you both start the movie on your respective devices. If this gets too complicated, put the movie on TV and turn you Valentine on Skype towards it. This way you can watch the movie and your S.O.’s reactions, as you would if you were sitting together watching the film.

Love for an Entire Day

Send your S.O. an abundance of letters/notes/gifts that take up the span of the entire day! Flowers delivered at 11 am on V-day morning, a love letter requested to be opened at 12:30pm, a package filled with chocolate to be opened around 4 pm, and so on.

A girl from the suburbs of Roseville, CA exploring everything Orange County.