The Ultimate Fall Bucket List on a College Student’s Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Pick apples

Most farms charge about $5 to $6 for a half peck of apples, or basically 5 to 6 pounds of apples. Or to simplify that, between 12 and 18 apples, depending on the size. Apples are healthy, so you can’t really go wrong here.

Plant bulbs

Turns out tulips, lilies, daffodils and many other flowers need to be planted in the fall. Bulbs can range anywhere from 10/$2.50 to $10/10. You don’t even need a garden – Pinterest has endless ideas for small apartments or dorms. So channel your inner Bob, and get growin’.

Jump in leaf piles

This counts as cardio, right?

Bake

If you take me up on the apple picking, you’ve probably got more apples than your *healthy* self knows what to do with. Break out your apron and rolling pin, and do your best not to tragically fail at that Pinterest idea.

Scary movie night

Grab some friends, blankets and cider and put on a scary flick. Or, if that’s not your thing, you can never go wrong with Halloweentown or Hocus Pocus.

Make caramel apples

Again, you’ve probably got so many healthy apples that you won’t necessarily eat unless you absolutely remove any source of healthiness and replace with sugar. Because what about this doesn’t look good? That’s right. NOTHING.

Grab a book, some cider and relax

The stress of the upcoming holidays is almost upon us, but until then, relax. Don’t let the haters get you down. Reading is the best. Think mental Netflix.

Carve pumpkins

When it comes to pumpkins, either you’ll be taking out loans to cover it, or you’ll be paying with a handful of change. It comes down to where you buy it, and when you buy it, because the closer we get to Halloween the more the price goes up. But on the flip side, if you wait until after Halloween, they’re dirt cheap. They practically give them away.

Go to a football game

That’s right, go to your football game. Get a group, get spirited and have fun. No knowledge of football required. It’s not fall without football. Plus, it might even score you points with the significant other.

Corn maze

Chances are, your pumpkin patch or apple orchard has a corn maze. Because what’s more fun than being terrified for your life in those few seconds where you lose all sense of direction?

Dress up for Halloween

I don’t care if you’re Cady Heron or Karen Smith. When it comes to Halloween, just do something! Although I will add – Karen’s outfit is almost certainly cheaper than Cady’s, but who knows??

Get a fall candle

With so many options, you can’t go wrong. Bonus points if it works for Christmas too!

Celebrate Oktoberfest

When it comes down to it, this is an *excellent* reason to drink! Never doubt the power of a holiday created and sustained by beer.

Drink a Pumpkin Spice Latte

That’s right, I said it. Go ahead, be the basic girl you are. Not having at least one has to be a sin or something.

Bust out the sweaters, scarves and boots

It may still be 95 degrees outside, but fall. Has. Begun. Let the leaf-covered sidewalks be your runway, and slay!