This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

There comes a time every now and then when the world provides an opportunity for you to treat yourself. This doesn’t happen often, as we are always running around and often are too busy or stressed to stop, even for just a couple of hours. Here are five ways to pamper and focus on yourself, even if it’s just once in a while.

1. Have a Spa Day

Making yourself feel good can sometimes come from making yourself look good. If your nail polish is chipped, your skin could use a cleanse, or your lower back is feeling tight, treat yo self! A mani-pedi often does the job, but you can also get a facial or even a massage to make yourself feel rejuvenated and relaxed. Don’t be afraid to spend some time (and money) on pampering yourself every now and then.

2. Shop for Yourself

We as girls know that shopping can be therapeutic (and dangerous), but when it comes to having a “me” day, it is just what the doctor ordered. Buy yourself those Steve Madden shoes you’ve been eyeing or invest in that Michael Kors bag you’ve wanted since last year. There’s nothing wrong with giving in to something you really want, so treat yo self. And if that’s not your thing, buying yourself something as simple as a new dress that fits you just right can make you feel motivated and excited for what is to come. 

3. Sleep More Than Usual

Sleeping is much needed and an often ignored way to treat yo self. Plan a day when you don’t have to wake up early and sleep in. Your body will thank you for the extra resting time and you will wake up feeling ready to start the day. If all your mornings start early, try taking a nap when you have some free time. It will feel just as good.

4. Eat Your Favorites

We all have a favorite restaurant that we do not go to as often as we would like. Plan your day around eating lunch or dinner there. Order your favorite thing on the menu, and enjoy. Also, don’t be afraid to get dessert after, too. Treating yo self is about giving into the things you love the most, so order that ice cream sunday you’ve been craving all week. 

5. Plan a Fun Day

Treat yo self by doing something fun. This can be anything from hiking to surfing to tanning to bowling. Everyone has a special activity they enjoy and don’t get to do very often. Call up someone you love and spend the day doing something you love. It will feel rewarding and you will enjoy every second of it! Don’t underestimate the power of simply doing what you really want to be doing.

So there you have it, five easy ways to treat yo self. Never forget to give your mind and body the attention it needs and deserves. 

Xo,

JS

Jacky is an Advertising and Public Relations major at Chapman UniversityInsta: jackysalome