Thoughts We All Have During Midterm Season, Told By Grey’s Anatomy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Midterms. The first test of knowledge, a chance to prove that your college education money is actually being put to good use. In the beginning of the year, these dreadful exams seem so far away, but they have a truly terrifying way of creeping up on us faster than we think.

1. Your midterm feels like weeks away, so of course, you procrastinate like crazy…then hate on yourself for doing so.

In college, starting to study the night before is not only allowed, but encouraged. Challenge accepted?

2. Suddenly, however, you realize that you only have two nights to get your crap together and study.

OK… So maybe not the best idea after all?

3. Getting sidetracked is unavoidable. After 20 minutes of studying, you give yourself a 45 minute Netflix break because you deserve it.

Nap breaks are also a great idea as well.

4. It’s impossible to get a good night’s sleep, because you are way too over-caffeinated. 

Coffee… It’s a blessing and a curse! Dear midterms, 

5. You entertain the idea of quitting and just going back home. Is a college degree absolutely necessary these days?

*Starts frantically looking up jobs that don’t require a Bachelor’s degree*

6. Google Doc study guides are lifesavers. Enough said.

Without study groups, we would all be even more royally screwed than we already are. At least this way, we can all suffer together!

7. You’re so consumed by absorbing as much information as you can that, come test day, you realize that you haven’t even bought a scantron.

And you have to wake up so much earlier to buy one, which is just about the worst thing ever.

8. Hourly pep talks from your mom is the only motivation that you need.

She helps you see the light at the end of the tunnel!

9.  But then you find yourself having to make very stressful decisions all on your own.

Honestly, these are the questions that matter.

10. The library is basically your second home, and you’ve even had food delivered there more often than you care to admit.

Pizza Press, anyone?

11. And pray that your professor curves the exam.

The idea of him doing so is just about the only thing sustaining you.

12. And if he/she decides not to…seek vengeance on professor reviews.

We went there.