This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

WOOHOO I turned in my first application! I’m going to study abroad!

Wait, you’re going to *insert city here* too? I’ll see ya there, stranger I only know a little bit!

I have found a to-do list for everything I need to get done. This doesn’t seem so bad. I can start this a little later, no doubt.

Global Studies is basically the 6th class I’m taking this semester and also my own personal hell.

You’re studying abroad in the fall? Oh I’m studying abroad in the spring… I WON’T SEE YOU FOR A YEAR? 

*799 pieces of paperwork later*

When you have to go back to the consulate because you somehow missed one sheet of paperwork the first time you went to get your student visa; making this the special 800th document you’ve had to turn in.

You work on your budget sheet and realize you are making your own little money storm.

Is this actually happening?

WHAT IF I CAN’T DO THIS? I’M NOT AN ADULT. HOW COULD MY MOM ALLOW ME TO LIVE ON A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT AND FOREIGN CONTINENT FOR 6 MONTHS? WHAT IF I CAN’T EVEN MAKE IT THERE BECAUSE THE APOCALPSE HAPPENS?

That glorious and heavenly moment when you have your passport in hand, visa on lock, and everything turned in.

A renewed sense of spirit overcomes you as you realize that you have the incredible opportunity to explore and fully embrace yourself in another culture.

PEACE OUT CUB SCOUT, yo girl is going abroad!