Things You Should Absolutely Do This Thanksgiving Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Spend quality time with your family. Try to avoid being on your phone/tablet/etc. You’ve been away from home for quite some time so cherish the time you have together!

Cuddle with your pup for at least 10 hours a day. This is definitely a must.  

Start prepping for the holidays. Bring your Christmas sweater back to school to have some Christmas spirit! After Thanksgiving, the holiday season is in full swing!

Reach out to your best friends from high school. Even though we’ve made new, wonderful friends in college, those true friends in high school probably miss you; I know I miss mine! Go out for brunch or have a slumber party to catch up!

Help your mom with Thanksgiving dinner. Obviously the most fun part about Thanksgiving is eating the giant feast at the end, but also helping your mom (and/or dad) will mean so much to them, and it’s a great way to bond. Plus, you get to taste test everything before everyone else.

Eat the food you helped prepare, and enjoy every bite! I’m sure we all miss our parents’ home-cooked meals. Savor every bite, because the next time you get the chance, it’ll be in the winter!

Help out your parents. You probably don’t realize how different it is for your parents to be living without you. Maybe you helped out around the house when you were at home, maybe you didn’t, but definitely take the time to help them. Rake the leaves, sweep the floor or even make their bed. A little goes a long way!

Relax, sleep in. After those tough weeks of studying for midterms and waking up early to prepare for class, you deserve a nice snooze in your own bed for longer than six hours!

Drive around your hometown. If you don’t have a car on campus (like me), you probably miss driving too! Especially in my hometown where it’s just so…homey. Take a nice drive around town solo or with your buds and crank up your favorite music!  

Give thanks. We all have a ton to be thankful for! Family, friendships, home. Use this time at home to take in everything you have, and be grateful for it all!