Spring Break on my Couch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Every year I think to myself, “what fun, warm and hopping place do I want to visit for spring break?”. And every single year I end up at home. Now you could say this is because I am a procrastinator or because I am short on funds, but I really think it is because I just love being home.

I have always been a homebody and I was homesick for the first semester of school and always wished I could go home on the weekends. Being from out of state I really take advantage of any opportunity to come home and spend time with my family. So when spring break rolls around I am always thrilled to fly home and see my family.

I live back on the east coast, so it is nice to get out of Southern California and see some snow every once and a while, but I wouldn’t say I go home because of the weather. I like being home because it is a nice relaxing break. I no longer have to cook for myself and I can enjoy some home cooked meals from my parents. It is also nice not to have to deal with roommates for a week (although my roommates are a lot more sweet than my three annoying brothers).

I enjoy being home for the main reason that there is no pressure or stress to go out and be social. It is acceptable to sit in my sweat pants all week and not have to worry about meetings or group projects, because I am home and have a valid excuse. I think sometimes a break is good in needed for the soul, and people shouldn’t feel guilty when they need this break.

SO, remember that taking time for yourself is good and a spring break can always be used to relax and get ahead of the game for once!