Some Awkward, Cringeworthy and Utterly Embarrassing Hookup Stories

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Whether it’s good, bad or just plain awkward, sex in college is one of the most talked about topics of conversation. We all have awkward hookup stories that we would much like to forget, but hey, sometimes it can be fun to commiserate over these shared uncomfortable experiences. Enjoy this compilation of utterly cringeworthy hookup stories from your fellow Chapman classmates.

“Freshman year, I was hooking up with this guy in his dorm room. I guess he forgot to text his roommates to sexile them because about 20 minutes in, his two roommates walked in to see me butt-naked on his bed.” – female freshman

“One time, this guy I hooked up with forgot to cut his fingernails and then ended up scratching the inside of my vagina, causing me to bleed. He then accused me of getting my period; he wasn’t actually mad though. The worst part is that it was O-week, so I was moving into my house. Next thing I know, there’s a knock on my bedroom door and my dad walks in on me and this guy in bed.” – sophomore female

“First semester of my freshman year, I had met this guy at a party who I found to be extremely attractive, and we became really good friends. I found out he also had an identical twin brother at Chapman who was in one of my classes. The entire time I thought that was him in my class, not his brother. Fast forward a month or so, I got drunk at a party that both twins were at and made out with the brother that was in my class. In the middle of making out, I really had to go to the bathroom, so I left him and made my way to the bathroom. Afterwards, I went to go find him to continue what I had started. I eventually found him, and we ubered back to the dorms where we ended up having sex. When we were done and he was leaving, I said, “Bye, Jake!” He turned to me and said, “I’m Nate” with a funny look but continued leaving. Long story short, I made out with one brother and had sex with the other… all in the same night.” – sophomore female

“The first girl I hooked up with in college is now out of the closet.” – junior male

“I was at a frat party, and I was talking to this super hot guy. Out of nowhere, we start making out pretty intensely. After a couple minutes, he stops abruptly and pukes right at my feet. I was so grossed out but felt bad and ended up taking care of him. Worst night of my life.” – sophomore female  

“Over the summer, I was hooking up with this guy, and he was dog-sitting for a family. I went with him to the house to walk the dogs, and when we got back, we started to hook up on the couch in the living room. The family dog kept jumping on the couch and started licking our legs and eventually climbed up on us. Dog hair got in some places.” – junior female