This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

It’s been a brutal week of late night caffeine binges and early morning alarms, last minute cram sessions and “maybe I should just wing it” moments. After a semester of hard work and A’s for effort, the Chapman community is longing for the arrival of Christmas break.

At this point, Thanksgiving was ages ago and we don’t remember what it means to have spare time or a good night’s rest. We’re running on empty and we can’t remember the last time we took a shower. Sources of motivation are sparse and focus is hard to come by. Our candles are no longer burning at both ends because they’ve burned out.

Finals week is really dramatic. But come winter vacation, we will all be rewarded with the ability to smile again and fall semester will become a thing of the past. And most importantly, we will be allowed to break the rules. We will commit sins and it will be okay, because if we’re not taking full advantage of this break, then we’re doing it wrong. 

Lust – “Oh, beautiful home of mine, where have you been all my life?”

Gluttony – “I will eat this whole pantry.”

Pride – “Bow down, final exams.”

Wrath – “Christmas can’t be over yet!”

Greed – “I shall call him Remote and he shall be mine and he shall be my Remote.”

Sloth – “I think I’ll just rest my eyes for a sec…”

Envy – “Why does everyone else have a longer break than I do? Thanks, Interterm.”