This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Yes, it is indeed the best time of the year. Red cups are back and the holiday drinks are brewing. Starting November first, Starbucks has been serving their beloved holiday drinks in their signature red cups to spread the holiday cheer.

The red cup tradition has been going on since 1997, when it was first created as a promotional idea to help bring attention to the branches in Japan and Singapore. The idea was to generate excitement during the holiday season and create new seasonal drinks that would bring in more customers.

17 years later, Starbucks releases their red cups and adds their holiday menu in the beginning of November every year, to create excitement and provide customers with seasonal favorites. Some of these drinks include peppermint mochas, gingerbread lattes and caramel hot chocolate.

The idea for the theme of this year’s holiday, “Let there be bright,” came from Stephanie Vandenack, a writer on the Starbucks Creative team. She created this idea with the vision of coming together, which creates a brighter future.

These seasonal menu include the following yummy treats: 

Gingerbread Latte

*Espresso with steamed milk and gingerbread flavored syrup. Topped with spice-infused whipped cream and real molasses drizzle.

Hello, little gingerbread men flavored drinks?? Yummm

Peppermint Mocha

*Espresso, steamed milk, mocha sauce and peppermint flavored syrup. Topped with sweetened whipped cream and dark chocolate curls. 

What screams Christmas more than a peppermint mocha?

Caramel Brulee Latte

*Espresso with steamed milk and caramel brulée flavored sauce. Topped with sweetened whipped cream and caramel brulée topping. 

Dessert in a cup!