This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Rushing as a sophomore and need some extra tips? Don’t worry, we got you covered!

Pro: You already have a feel for the sororities and may have some in mind that suit you more than others.

It’s definitely a bonus to already know your way of the land. You know a little bit more about the vibes and values that each sorority portrays.

Con: As you may think you know what sorority is seemingly the right fit for you, you may not give enough attention to one that could truly become a home for you.

Remember to stay open to all of your options. Let the conversations flow naturally. You’ll be surprised with the houses you connect and don’t connect with.

Pro: It’s less nervewracking rushing as a sophomore, especially since you may see some friendly faces that you already know during recruitment.

On top of all of the rush excitement, you might see some people that you already know during recruitment. Although you both have to keep somewhat of a professional demeanor, it is comforting to know that you have a buddy who is there for you.

Con: It may hurt not getting called back to a house that a lot of your friends are in.

As magical as it would be to end up in a sorority that you already know a lot of homies in, you cannot rely on your friends to “get” you into their house. If it is a right fit, you’ll end up there. If you don’t, you have another reason to expand your circle of friends and a perfect opportunity to meet a lot of amazing girls that probably share very similar ideals with you. Even though you could have some really stellar friends in a particular sorority, it does not mean that it is necessarily the best fit for you.

Pro: You’ve been in college for a year and know more about what you want.

You’ve made it to sophomore year (or maybe even further); congrats! We grow a lot in college and with that we discover where we want to put our time, focus, and energy. Here you are trying out the whole recruitment process. Major props to you for trying something new and going after what you want.

Maybe you have already found your home at your college, or maybe you haven’t. You may be rushing to find your place for belonging, want another way to meet new people and put yourself out there, or are simply attracted to the incredible bond of a sisterhood. As I understand, it is what you make it. Put as little or as much effort into it as you want to get out of it. You may get into it and realize that the sorority life isn’t for you. That’s okay. You may love it from the very beginning and want to dedicate the rest of your college years to it. That’s incredible. Or you may be unsure, eventually looking back on it and come to find it was exactly what you needed. Every sorority is filled with fantastic women, a lot of them who we can relate to. I believe that you can find your fit in any house if you look hard enough. Just know that in every house you get called back to, there is a group of women who see something spectacular in you and can’t wait for you to join their sisterhood. Whatever the case, I hope you find your home and make the most of it. Happy rushing!