This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Every once in a while, we find ourselves in an uncomfortable place. We may see our actions and not recognize the person behind them. We may even recognize the person, but feel that it’s an outdated edition merely being dragged along because we don’t know what else to hold on to. The feeling of emptiness starts to grow and you’re sitting there explaining to yourself that you never asked for this.

Woah there, hold up! All that space that you swear is encapsulating every aspect of your life? Yes, that’s your room to grow! It’s that blank gap you need to reinvent yourself. A clean canvas to paint anything you could want. Because of all this space, the possibilities of your life have expanded tenfold.

All of the desires you have asked for are coming for you, but sometimes, these intentions ask for a little space to cultivate a meaningful purpose within your life. These moments allow the creativity of your imagination to wildly manifest into reality. It’s the preparation to get to the life you have been asking for. The instant you put out a thought the gears of the universe start working to boomerang it back to you, but it often kindly requests you to drop what it needs in order for your goals to thrive. 

Now, it’s hard to change everything in a singular second. Surely it’s possible, but long-lasting change is created over time. Be easy on yourself and lose the pressure to ‘be’ anything. Let your body recycle the old energy that is no longer of use to you and allow yourself to feel those hard feelings. It may be challenging now and hurt to let some of past go. Those pieces made you happy once, and now you have the chance to discover what will make you even happier. 

Lose yourself, find yourself, lose yourself again. Reinvention is a life process. For the time being, try to savor the emotions that make you so beautifully human and do the little things that make you feel uniquely you.