Pizza Press vs. Blaze Pizza: A Comparison

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Two restaurants- one menu, one block apart, one specialty- which one’s better?

Pizza Press is a Chapman favorite. Make your own pizza: it’s literally a pizza custom for you and your exact tastes and you don’t have to do anything but wait for it to pop out of the oven and be brought to your table directly.

The idea is ingenious. While some of us can never get tired of In & Out and McDonald’s others of us want a change. And Pizza Press provides just that. The amazing comfort food (that you can make healthy with veggie & vegan options) warm and ready to eat.

Pizza Press has gluten free crust options; it’s fast, affordable, fun, and personalized. 

But then again, Blaze is pretty much the same… however some students argue that the “make your own pizza” format that Blaze also embodies feels most “industrialized” and more “impersonal” than Pizza Press does.

Let’s compare the differences of the two.

Through a survey Chapman students overall said that Pizza Press was better quality, had better ingredients, more options, offered a student discount, and had a better atmosphere. Overall this sampling of students preferred Pizza Press to Blaze Pizza. The same students felt that Blaze Pizza had more of a franchisee feel, was not as good quality, felt more industrial and was less personalized.  

The reasons that Chapman students picked Pizza Press in a comparison of which pizza spot they liked better might have something to do with the actual school they attend (a.k.a. Chapman).

This may be a stretch, but bear with me.

Chapman University provides a personalized education while Pizza Press offers a customized meal. Chapman is full of old and new buildings and is growing rapidly while still mainlining old values and traditions. In comparison Pizza Press offers an atmosphere with an old-timey feel while maintaining a trendy and cool atmosphere. Some Chapman students are balling on a budget while Pizza Press allows for speed and affordability. Chapman boasts a good, solid foundation with many health conscious students and Pizza Press offers wholesome ingredients and food options for the health conscious student.

See where I’m coming from? Pizza Press is a Chapman tradition; Blaze is an industrial chain. One isn’t better than the other, but it is clear to me at least, which one is the Chapman favorite.