An Open Letter to the Girl Who Doesn’t Know What Future She Wants

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Hey. I heard you don’t know what future you want. And I know you are super stressed out and confused and worried, but I’m here to tell you that it’s going to be okay. You don’t have to know. And I know everyone tells you that, but it’s true. While you are young and in college, it is the time to explore and grow and find yourself. You have to try new things that may be out of your comfort zone in order to fully know your likes and dislikes.

Even though you are gearing toward it, you don’t need to do all the adult stuff yet. Save that for later. Let the moment sweep you away and guide you in the right direction. You will find your path. But it takes time. So have patience. Treat patience as your friend. I know that the unknown is a chaotic flurry of fear. But take the time to sit down and relax, without trying to plan your future in your mind every few seconds. It’s too much of a weight on your shoulders. Lift that weight, and you will soon fly.