Music Festival Must-Haves

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Ear Plugs 

Whether you’re at a stage or trying to fall asleep at your campsite, it’s always best to have a pair of earplugs with you. Earplugs protect your ears from the loud stages and also can block out the noises when it is time to go to bed.

Fanny Pack

Fanny packs are better than a purse or large backpack because it is hands free, easily accessible, and close to your body so that you can keep track of your belongings. They’re big enough for money, credit cards, a phone, a portable phone charger, and chapstick!

Portable Charger

Having a portable phone charger is a game changer! You won’t need to kill your car battery or wait at a charging station. With a charger, you can make sure your phone has enough battery to keep in touch with friends and to take pictures!

Cleansing Wipes

If the line is too long for the showers, a great option is cleansing wipes (and dry shampoo), which will keep you feeling fresh! Especially since you’re going to be using porta-potties throughout the day, it is a must to make sure the down stairs is clean!

Sun Protection

Most of these festivals happen in hot weather, so it is crucial to make sure that you are protecting your skin! Make sure to pack a hat, sunscreen, and SPF chapstick! It also wouldn’t hurt to pack a bandana to cover your mouth.

Camelbak

Staying hydrated is one of the most important rules of festivals. Make sure that you have a big water bottle or camelbak to ensure that you’re consuming enough fluids in the heat. Whenever there are refilling stations close by, it’s best to fill up!

(It is always a good idea to bring pedialyte to help maintain hydration!)

Good Shoes

The type of shoes you wear can make or break your festival experience! You’re on your feet for most of the day, so being able to comfortably move and dance around in a good pair of shoes is key.

Good Vibes

Cheesy, but true! Being courteous and friendly makes not only your festival experience better, but those around you appreciate it too! Mutual respect will ensure that everyone has a great time!