This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Why spend your entire paycheck on makeup from Sephora or a department store, when you can find the same or even better quality products for much lower prices at a local drug store? Here’s a breakdown of what you should add to your collection:

Eye shadow

Maybelline The Blushed Nudes Eyeshadow Palette

​Price: $10

Pass on the $54 Urban Decay Naked Palette and go for this instead. This palette includes 12 complementary nude, blush and beige shades for only $10.

Mascara

Maybelline Lash Sensational Luscious Waterproof Mascara

Price: Less than $10

For less than $10, this mascara can withstand the tears and keep your lashes looking long and beautiful.

Brows

Maybelline Define-A-Brow Eyebrow Pencil

Price: $7

For those of us who have light eyebrows that don’t naturally show up, this pencil can quickly get the job done and make your eyebrows looking fuller.

Lips

Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm

Price: $9

This lip stain is simple to apply and is sure to last.

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream

Price: $6

With more than 30 different shades ranging from vibrant to subtle and everything in between, this lip cream is perfect for any occasion.  

L’Oréal Colour Riche Lipcolour

Price: $9

This lipstick has a lightweight feel that moisturizes your lips. It won’t even split or crack.

Blush

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Custom Glow Blush & Bronzer

Price: $13

This blush and bronzer combo works with a variety of skin tones and has a little shimmer that can eliminate the need for highlighter.

Setting Spray

NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray

Price: $8

With just a quick spritz, this setting spray is sure to keep your makeup looking fresh all night.