A Letter to the Class I Might Fail

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

To the class that I’m not sure I’ll pass,

I kind of really hate you. It’s the middle of the semester and in the beginning you seemed so nice. Your syllabus wasn’t menacing and your assignment calendar wasn’t overwhelming. What changed? Was it something I said… or didn’t study? Well, we don’t have time to focus on the past, we need to focus on the future. What can I do?  

I know I’ve made mistakes, trust me they’re emphasized in red pen ink on every test that I’ve gotten back for the past two weeks. Office hours, will those help? Will they bring me up about two letter grades and give me sanity? No? Okay, well that’s what I’m looking for so…  Pleading with the teacher? Honestly, I’m not above getting on my knees and begging. Really, I’m not.  

People warned me about you. Friends, upperclassmen and pretty much everyone else who had to suffer through your pain but I headed their warnings. I thought I would be different but unfortunately I’m not. You’re as unrelenting as ever. Shocking.

Maybe we’ll get it right next time… like next semester. Why did I ever think you were a good idea?

Not with love,

The student you’re slowly killing