element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

It’s Not Even Halloween and I’m Already Thinking About Christmas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

It’s the time of year everybody craves. The pumpkin spice lattes, the jeans and booties, fun Halloween costumes and candy and the changing leaves (ugh just kidding – why are you like this, Southern California).

The season of autumn is here! But unlike most, I’m already thinking about Christmas. I mean, winter doesn’t exist here. If it rains it’s like the apocalypse. But I have found that Christmastime is my favorite time.

First of all, the lights. When all those pretty lights go up, residential neighborhoods turn into magic wonderlands. The gingerbread and snowmen (decorated with purple or red scarves) cookies that Starbucks starts to sell are a highlight of my winter adventures. The Christmas music that starts playing in malls and restaurants and pretty much just anywhere. It’s those jolly tunes that make me smile every year (and sing along too).

And then for obvious reasons: WINTER BREAK. Finals are over and you get to relax for the glorious six weeks off Chapman students are generously given. Getting cozy in your sweats with your hot chocolate mug each morning and evening, sleeping in until 12 p.m., um presents, of course, and New Year’s Eve, a full 24 hours of party, glitter and the big 3-2-1 countdown. Fall has gradually become boring to me. I’d say, “It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas.”