This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Do you prefer when other people make choices for you because you know you take too long? Would you rather just vanish into thin air when someone asks you to make a choice? If you answered yes, you’ve definitely got a case of “the indecisive.” But don’t worry, you’re absolutely and positively not alone. 

1. You wake up in the morning and immediately stand bleary-eyed in front of your closet. You utter the daily mantra “I have nothing to wear” meanwhile your closet is borderline overflowing. You change time and time again until you end up wearing the first thing you tried on.

2. Every trip to Starbucks comes with a little PTSD. You’ve made all your friends go before you; you’ve stared down the menu countless times and now you’re next to order. It took the entire time for you to decide between a hot or cold drink but now it comes down to which hot or cold drink you want. The cashier calls you up and the panic begins to set in.

3. Mani’s and Pedi’s are always so fun– unless you’re too indecisive to choose a color. You stand at the wall of Essie and Opi nail polish, eyes wide in terror, attempting to pick the right color. The nail ladies politely encourage you to sit at the chair and so you end up grabbing every color you tried on.

4. It’s almost impossible for you to watch Netflix because you spend the majority of your time choosing what movie to watch. Forget about going to the theaters because all you’d do is stand in front of the box office and stare at the movie titles.

5. You constantly find yourself with the aux cord in your hands. How this happened, nobody knows. But now it’s up to you to play music for the duration of the car ride, even if it’s for a quick ten minutes. What genre of music? Which artist? What album? Options race across your mind until you start thinking how you’d be satisfied with listening to no music at all.

6. Shoes. Ladies, we all know that there’s a pair of shoes out there to compliment every outfit. But, it’s all a matter of choosing the right ones that’s key. There are so many types that it would be too outrageous to even list them. You try on shoe after shoe but ultimately end up frustrated under a pile of mixed matched shoes everywhere.

7. Your stomach is growling. The tall tale sign that hunger has taken over. You and your besties decide to go out to eat and they make you decide where to go. The hunger fades as your indecisiveness takes over. What type of food? Where will you guys go? You say you don’t care but apparently that answer isn’t good enough.

8. After you’ve sorted the dilemma of what clothes to wear, now you find yourself with a whole new challenge: how to wear your hair. Bun, braid, pony tail, fishtail, French braid, clipped in the back, down, straightened or curled? You’ve tried it all. The whole experience ultimately leaves you frazzled and wanting to cut all your hair off.

9. It’s your turn to snap chat back. You’ve taken countless selfies each with different faces, captions, emojis and filters but you can’t decide which to send. It gets to the point where you decide its better not to respond then attempt to send a “bad looking” selfie.

10. To Instagram or not to Instagram, that is ALWAYS the question. No further explanation needed.