burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Dress Like a Gossip Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

We can all pick them out of a crowd. These girls stand out for a reason. Their perfect hair, makeup, and especially cute outfits make them hard to ignore. Yes, I am talking about the cast of Gossip Girl. Whether they are wearing their famous school uniform (that looks nothing the real ones do) or attending a party in glamorous long dresses, these girls always look fierce. I want to focus this article on the two main women characters: Blair Waldorf and Serena Van Der Woodsen. These characters have such different personalities and styles which makes them appeal to many different types of girls. Lets see how we can not only admire their style, but rock it ourselves.

Here are 5 items to recreate both of their looks for this chilly season:

Blair Waldorf: she is the preppy, girly, elegant one.

1. Colorful Coats: Blair is not shy when it comes to using colors. Her coats range from bright yellow to green to red. And guess what? They work! Don’t be afraid to add a statement piece to your winter outfit.

2. Girly Dresses: Blair’s dresses are as flirty as she is. Opt for cute dresses that can be worn with accessories such as boots and tights. Be careful not to choose dresses that look like they are for younger girls. There’s a fine line between girly and princess-y!

3. Pearls: A simple strand of pearls can add so much to your outfit. It is an easy way to look more elegant and put together instantaneously.

4. Tights: Blair mostly wears two types of tights on GG. She has her stylish and her sexy tights. The stylish ones often have patterns or cool designs. This is a good way to add texture and mix up a boring outfit. The sexy tights… well, that’s between you and your Chuck Bass.

5. Headbands: Ah, Queen B’s signature piece. I wish there was a picture of all the headbands that Blair used throughout the show. There were hundreds! Some a little out there. If you’re not used to using headbands, start small and go from there. Another way to get this look is with knitted headbands that go around your forehead.

Serena Van Der Woodsen: she is the risky and daring bad girl.

1. Scarfs: Serena is often seen wearing layers. A good way to do this fashionably is with a normal or infinity scarf paired with a sweater.

2. Skirts: For theses colder months, a cute skirt can be paired with tights, long socks, booties, or boots.

3. Dresses with Classy Cleavage: The golden girl wears long elegant dresses that show off her features. This can definitely be done in a classy and tasteful way!

4. Big Bags: This accessory is seen throughout the show. A big bag is a great way to add flair and can show off your specific style. Whether it be pink, cheetah print or leather, you can’t go wrong.

5. Heels: Both Blair and Serena rock heels in almost every episode. Of course this is not realistic. But, don’t be afraid to wear them when you feel like it! It doesn’t always have to be a special occasion. Plus, they elongate your legs and add height, who wouldn’t want that?

You can keep warm during this winter season while still looking like a fashionable Gossip Girl!

You know you love me.XOXO,GG

Jacky is an Advertising and Public Relations major at Chapman UniversityInsta: jackysalome